Automotive plastic mould parts molds are divided into three categories: interior parts, exterior parts and functional parts.
General requirements for plastic materials for automobiles:
- The impact strength and modulus are balanced (both with strong and tough properties, excellent dimensional stability, that is, the creep resistance of the material under long-term surface load is better);
- Good temperature resistance, ensuring that the material does not deform under illumination and heat;
- Specific surface properties such as matt, high hardness, scratch resistance, easy coating, plating, etc.
- Excellent weather resistance, ensuring long-term use without discoloration, no aging cracks (including heat-resistant oxygen aging and photoaging);
- Good chemical resistance to resist the erosion of oil and daily chemicals;
- Easy to molding, it should have sufficient fluidity for injection molding and materials, ensure the formation of complex structural parts and increase productivity.
Automotive plastic moulds for interior materials:
Heat resistance: due to the constant sunlight in summer, the temperature inside the compartment is relatively high, and the interior parts are required to have high heat resistance.
Aging resistance: including thermal oxygen aging and photoaging to prevent discoloration and deterioration of components
Odor: In order to maintain the health of the passengers, the material should ensure low volatility and low odor.
Matte: To ensure safe driving, choose matte material for matte finish