The quality of the mold is directly related to the quality of the product, production efficiency and cost. I think everyone will not have any objection. The quality of the mold needs to be tested by the mold to find the problem and solve the problem. Therefore, it is very important for the mold company to test the mold.
running test – verify the action of the mold
- Checking the mold opening and closing condition at low pressure: The mold running is divided into three parts: fast, medium and slow. It has no abnormal sound during the opening and closing process, and there is no blockage; the mold opening and closing movement is smooth, and there is no interference.
- Inspection of the mold ejection system (under low pressure): (1) The ejection action is divided into three times: fast, medium and slow, check for abnormalities. (2) Will it be loose or stuck occur when the ejector pins ejected? (3) Whether added locating pins prevent loosening or turning for pins and sleeves on angular surface. (4) Ejection system (whether there is abnormal noise and tremor when the pins or top block is ejected.
- Mould reset check: (1) The mould running test is divided into three times, at fast, medium and slow speeds to see if it can be reset. After the reset, the end of the inclined pins need be not higher than the core 0.1mm or keep same height with the core. (2) Whether the pin interferes with the action of sliders when the ejector is ejected, and whether the slider returns to the position; (3) The mold is stagnation with the ejector reset device.
- Cavity feed balance test
(1) Continuously test the mould for 5 shots, weighing their weight;
(2) Record the weight of each piece of each product in each shot;
(3) Reduce the amount of injection, and fill the molds of 20%, 50%, and 90% in sequence;
(4) Weigh and record the weight of each of the above products;
(5) if the product’s most weight and the smallest minimum weight difference is less than 2% of the weight is acceptable, if it is a single cavity mold, also do the balance test
3. Method for determining the optimal cooling time
(1) After the product is filled, estimate the cooling time. When the product is completely cooled, measure it by weight and size. The size of the rubber should be simmered for 15 minutes after it has been sufficiently cooled. (2) Determine the basis for the best cooling time, consider the dimensional stability of the product