Before mould is transferred out of shiny, we use this document to validate the mould quality at our location. Normally, customer and mould maker attend the validation procedure together and sign off after checking. Now we list some checking items for your reference only.
1. Compatibility with injection machine to be used.
(1) Is size of the mould (length x width x height) correct.
(2) Is weight of the mould correct.
(3) Are lifting eyebolts fully seated on the mould and not interfering with mould action?
(4) Are all transportation bars installed and in correct color as customer request?
(5) Are knock-out holes for mechanical ejection and the layout correct as designed?
(6) Is electric box wired correctly as per injection machine standard?
(7) Are dimensions of locating ring correct?
(8) Is radius and orifice diameter of sprue bush correct?
(9) Is clamping features correct?
(10) Is the mould construction compatible with robot gripping if applicable to take off part?
2. Mould materials and heat treatment
(1) Is any welding used on mould? Is welding process correct for the steel used?
(2) Have all mould plates been stamped with markings ( plate number, material type and hardness)?
(3) Provide the heat treatment certificate and hardness for all applicable mould components ( parting line protection plates, angle location plates and so on)
(4) Are moving parts (e.g. sliders and lifters) nitrited?
3. Injection System
(1) Are wires protected well and in correct position as designed?
(2) Have all gates dimensions on multi-cavity tools been corrected and recorded?
(3) Is cavity filling balanced?
(4) Estimation of the possible cycle time or validation of the cycle time as customer request.
(5) Are vents included and open as per mould design?
4. Cooling System
(1) Are all waterlines clean, unobstructed and do they permit a full circuit flow?
(2) Is each of water circuit working separately as designed?
(3) Is there water leakage?
(4) Are waterlines marked by IN or OUT with numbers according to mould design?
(5) Is cooling connection to injection machine correct?
5. Ejection and its guidance system
(1) Are all ejector pins and mounting holes numbered?
(2) Is ejection system (ejectors, lifters and slides etc.) of good function and moving freely?
(3) Validation of effective ejection stroke for proper taking off part.
(4) Is there oil leakage.
(5) Are guiding parts in lubrication?
(6) Is side core system ( e.g. lifters, slides and ejector pins etc. ) in good guidance
(7) Is length of return pin correct?
(8) Is guide pin vented?
6. Serve control system for hydraulic, pneumatic device if applicable
(1) Does it have limit switches for ejection plates as customer request?
(2) Does it have limit switches for slide on top of mould?
(3) Are limit switches wiring been done per design?
(4) Are all wires protected well, especially at corners?
(5) Have hydraulic and pneumatics been tested and to they work properly at operating pressure?
(6) Are electrical connections compatible with injection machine? ( Hot runner system, hydraulic ejection, side-core activated by hydraulic or pneumatic cylinder).
7. Mould identification
(1) Is mould ID plate fitted?
(2) Are all external identification plates fitted (cooling, hydraulics, electrics etc. )
(3) Is part engraving details done as designed?
(4) Are mould components painted in correct color as customer request? ( support feet, transportation bars and connections, etc. )
8. Mould accessories
(1) Are spare parts provided as per the agreement between customer and mould maker?
(2) Is insulation plates fitted on the mould if applicable?
(3) Is a complete mould technical document provided?